7 Reasons Why Microsoft Dynamics AX System Is Healthy!
It is vital to know about the health of your system in order to ensure that it runs optimally. A system that is not healthy, will impact all work and in turn, the overall growth of the organization. There are a number of ways in which you can check if your Microsoft Dynamics AX system is healthy.
- Alerts – The capability to notify end users in case there is a specific issue can be helpful for any organization as it allows quick response. However, what most people are not aware of is that overuse of alerts or improper set ups can cause the system to degrade. So it is essential to monitor alerts and avoid overuse.
- Code Management and Deployment – It is of utmost importance to put all processes and standards in place for customizations of the system. In case, they are not well established, members from the implementation team struggle regarding the whereabouts of the existing customizations in the system. This can also lead to different code environments. For example, a code that is present in the test environment but it doesn’t exist in the development environment. This can cause object ID conflicts, which can lead to data integrity issues.
- Number Sequences Setup – If the number sequence setup in your system is continuous then it implies that in order to find out what the next number is, the system has to query SQL. In cases this is not selected, the AOS caches a wide range of numbers to be used next. This can lead to performance issues of your system.
- Dynamics AX Security – If you are adding users in the System Administrator security group, then you are giving them complete access to your system. This means they not only have access to your complete database but also, the power to view or change Dynamics AX objects like codes and tables.
- Performance Counters – It is vital to monitor certain performance counters in the Dynamics AX environment. This will help you early detection of any problems in case Dynamics AX is not addressed.
- Big Size of Logging Tables – There are certain tables in Dynamics AX that contain log data or a list of transaction history that is not required after a certain period of time. A devised strategy is important to purge data from these tables and contribute in maintaining optimal performance of the system.
- SQL Configuration – This is like the base of your system that holds it together. If this gets affected, other parts of the system will also slow or shut down. So it is important to configure SQL so it doesn’t impact your system performance. Configurations like not separating your data tempdb storage and log; setting the maximum degree of parallelism incorrectly; not enabling certain trace flags and more can hamper the overall performance of your Dynamics AX data.
In short, make sure your all your checks are done and you are constantly reviewing different components of your Microsoft dynamics AX data development. If not, there can a slow but an assured decrease in performance thereby affecting the business and customer relationship.
Read More Related This :
As promised, Microsoft has once again brought about a broad range of changes to Dynamics 365 CRM Customer Engagement. We’re sure, over the years and with so many changes, you have come to master these changes introduced every now and then.