Top 5 Engineering Exams That Every Engineering Aspirant Should Appear For
In today’s competitive world, everyone wants to reach the top of the stack. Either it is an entrance exam on an interview process, the completion is too high.
When you want to kick start your career as an engineer with an esteemed organisation, you have to be well planned and well prepared. You have to crack the engineering entrance exams with high scores. Let’s see top 5 engineering entrance tests that every student should attend.
JEE Main – This is the All India engineering entrance exams. It is considered as the most important and prestigious engineering entrance exam in India. A good IIT JEE results will certainly enhance your chances of getting a sat in a prestigious college.
- Eligibility: To appear in the JEE examination, you should have scored at least 75% score in class 12.Or being in top 20 percentile in class 12 is also considered as an eligibility.
- Competitors: The competing students can be anywhere from India. Even Indian origin students can also participate in the entrance exam and so the number of applicants will be immense. Preparation using IIT JEE books will help you score good marks.
- Eligible to be admitted in: Passing the JEE main exams is the first step to NIT in India and state private collages. Although there is very high completion, JEE can be nailed with excellent preparation and continues practices.
- Exam structure: JEE main has 2 papers. Paper 1 and paper 2.Paper 1 is the one which makes you eligible for an engineering seat. Paper 2 is for getting admission for B.Arch. Normally, the call to the JEE exams comes around the first week of April. There will be 30 multiple choice questions in which the correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and .25 marks will be deducted for wrong ones.
- Mode of test: Candidates can choose among online test or paper test. Even though paper test is the preferred one among candidates, online test is also popular now.
JEE Advanced –This is the stage 2 of JEE main. Passing on JEE advanced is a great achievement for students who dream of becoming an IITian.
- Eligibility: You must pass the JEE main exam in order to attend the JEE advanced registration. The mark should be positive within a rank of 2, 00,000.The candidates should be born on or after 1991 and have only 2 consecutive attempts allowed.
- Competitors: As that of JEE main, the competitors will be students from India. From this year, students of Indian origin are also considered for the test. When compared to JEE main, the test will be tougher but the number of competitors will be less.
- Eligible to be admitted in: IITs and ISM Dhanbad will consider only those students who have passed the JEE advanced entrance exams.
- Exam structure: JEE advanced has 2 papers. Paper 1 and paper 2.Paper 1 consist of multiple choice questions and matching questions. Paper 2 will be in ORS sheets where you will have to darken the bubbles corresponding to the right answer. The duration of the test will be 6 hours.
- Mode of test-Only paper test is available for JEE advanced test. Online test is not declared till date.
BITSAT –This entrance paves the way to the highly praised Birla Institute of Technology and Science. There are many world renowned engineers who have passed out from BITSAT.
- Eligibility: The candidate should have passed class 12th with chemistry, physics and maths subjects.
- Competitors: The competitors will be all the students who have passed the 12th Since the eligibility criterion of BITSAT is lesser than that of JEE, the completion worsens.
- Eligible to be admitted in: The candidates who get top ranks in the BITSAT exam can get admission on BITS Pilani, BITS Goa or BITS Hyderabad. BIIT scores is considered for the admission for NIIT University also.
- Exam structure: The question will be multiple choice format. The areas from which the questions will be asked are physics, chemistry maths and English proficiency. The total score will be 150.As in other entrance exams there is negative marking for wrong answers.
- Mode of test-Only paper test is available BITSAT for now.
DTU Entrance Examination –Delhi technological university has got a very prestigious position among engineering institutes all over India. It is very famous for its excellent coaching and inspiring faculties.
- Eligibility: The candidate should have passed class 12th within any territory of Delhi. He should have studied physics chemistry and mathematics in class 12th securing at least 60% perks in the final exam. The candidate should pass each subject separately.
- Competitors: The competitors will be all the students who have passed the 12th The age criterion is between 17 years and 25 years. Since the age range is wide, there will be more competitors in this entrance either.
- Eligible to be admitted in: The DTU entrance exam is to get admission in the most prestigious Delhi Technological University.
- Exam structure: The candidate should pass the IIT JEE Exams and then can apply for DTU entrance.
- Mode of test-Only paper test is available
VITEE –Vellore Institute of technology is another legend in the education sector, especially in engineering degrees.
- Eligibility: The candidate should have passed class 12thfrom central board of examinations. He should have scored an average of 50% marks in physics, chemistry and maths. The candidate should have studied regular, full time higher secondary course.
- Competitors: Any student who is the resident of India can attend VITEE entrance. The cut-off of 50% will make the competition tighter.
- Eligible to be admitted in: Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai which is world renowned for its quality education and outstanding campus.
- Exam structure: The exam carries a total score of 125 marks. Proficiency in English, physics, chemistry and maths is considered.
- Mode of test-Paper test and computer based test are there for VITEE